Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moms are the source of inumerable blessings...


I have an amazing Mother. One of those Mother's that has sacrificed so much for her family. The kind of Mom who is so strong spiritually that you never doubt her ideals. My Mom will always put others first, always write a thank you note, and always remember the details that most would forget. Mom, thanks for believing with absolute conviction, being an example of cheerfulness, and helping me strive for the best in me.




I have another amazing Mother. A Mother-in-law who is such a go getter! We are so blessed to have her accompany us on hiking trails in the summer and ski hills in the winter. I am always referencing her recipes, benefiting from her used furniture, and looking forward to time spent at her cabin.I am so grateful to her for raising a son who I will love my whole life and longer. Susan, thank you for all the ways you love and support us.




I have another amazing Mother. She is oh so sweet to me. I admire so many things she does and the ways in which she gives. Her home is always open (even to those with muddy farmer feet) - It's such a cozy place because of her great care. I know how hard she works, how tough she has to be, and I admire how sensitive she remains in the midst of it. Vickie, thank you for creating for me a home away from home.




We've grown up, we're not nearly as cute, and we don't call as much as we should.












But we hope that we can be the good kids that you always wanted us to be!
Thanks for fulfilling such an important role in our lives.








Here is a poem for all of you who at some point have been called "Mommy" ---

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator,
and I wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you feed a stray cat,
and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make my favorite cake for me,
and I knew that little things are special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard you say a prayer,
and I believed that there was a God to talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I felt you kiss me goodnight,
and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw tears come from your eyes,
and I learned that sometimes things hurt,
but it's alright to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw that you cared,
and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I looked....
and I wanted to say thanks for all the things
I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

3 comments:

vandi said...

ah man, you've made me almost year up: ) You're poem was amazing and perfect. I love it. I hope all the good little things really are being noticed: ) Thanks for sharing!


p.s. you and Jake are adorable babies!

Braeden and Jackie said...

Those baby pictures really are adorable. Now I know where Lyn got her big brown eyes from....the Hyde side of the family.

Karrianne said...

very sweet and special. :)

Hurray for the holidays that help us remember the good things in life. :)

I've always loved this little picture of you! So dang cute! And oh man what a cute wittle thing wittle Jakey boy was! Someday you are going to have a dang cute wittle Jakey jr. ;)