Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Presidents Day 

Although Jake did not have Monday off work, we had an awesome President's Day weekend. We were able to make a trip down to Utah Friday night, and stayed with his brother until Sunday. His Mom was up visiting as well,  so we  spent our Saturday with her skiing at the Solitude Resort.  It was a little stormy, so we were quickly soaked to the bone,  but that meant lots of fresh powder! Jake was lovin' it on his board - Susan and I got a good workout pushing all that snow with our skis.  We had a tasty sack lunch together, a nice break, and then finished early with exhaustion. I would say we had a miserably excellent time!  I am so glad we have been able to go skiing so much the last couple years, I really do LOVE it! And even though some places of employment didn't recognize the holiday, I am glad we got out and did something to celebrate! In a land of many freedoms, I'm grateful for the freedom to get away on the weekend :)

In honor of our founding fathers, and many other great leaders, I wanted to post some of their wise and inspiring words:

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.  My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.  ~Abraham Lincoln

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.  ~George Washington

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  ~Theodore Roosevelt


He who knows best knows how little he knows. ~Thomas Jefferson


Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.  ~Ulysses S. Grant

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.  ~Harry S. Truman

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John F. Kennedy




George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln.

No comments: