Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shootin' stuff

After work on Tuesday, my hubby gives me a call and says to me "Wanna go bunny blastin?"  Well, what kind of wife would I be if I refused such a romantic gesture?

Just in case there were actually some farmers in need of some pest control, we packed our newest shotgun, and I grabbed my little pistol --- But I think all we were REALLY after  was some fresh air! It wasn't too rainy, or too windy so we wanted to be outside!

Climbed in the truck (if you can call it that) and hit the dirt roads!  We have a busted back window which is framed in broken glass, and a really wet front seat which we haphazardly covered with a tarp. The wind whipped through the windows and made a sound like blowing into a tin can. Good old  red clunker did break down on us for a bit, but pushing it down a hill backwards and popping the clutch worked like a charm.

On our quest through the sagebrush, we found lots of ruts, mud puddles and piles of bunny sign! We made a few stops to scope out the rock piles - Set up a few targets out of what others had left behind - And even found a few unbroken clay pigeons to waste our ammo on. Yeah buddy!

If there were ever a couple of red-necks, I guess that would be us. 

---No bunnies were harmed in the making of this memory---
 

No comments: