Monday, May 23, 2011

NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE YARD WORK

Last week we had quite a few warm days, and I decided it was about time to rescue the lawn - The dandelions are in the process of a hostile take-over!  But before spraying the weeds and mowing the lawn, I thought it would be a good idea to gather up the big sticks and pine cones really quick, so they would not dull our lawn mower blade...

...real quick my eye! I severely underestimated this job. We have three big pine trees - one of which contained a magpie nest that Jake knocked down a few weeks ago. So after a few HOURS of gathering up the big stuff, here are the spoils of my effort:
 A big pile of sticks in the background (that was actually bigger than it looks) and more than 8 buckets of pine cones. Quite amazing.  I also came across another little problem....
GRAVEL!  Because of our recent 4-wheeler purchase we were able to plow the snow off of our driveway all winter instead of shovel it. (It has been divine.) But it turns out you have to be careful not to push the gravel along with the snow onto your lawn. Snow melts = gravel on your grass. : (   When I saw the mounds of rocks strewn about in this fashion I had to laugh! THIS would be the real chore! hahaha But I guess you learn some "home owner" things the hard way.

 Jake joined the yard party with his pruning sheers when he got home from work. Trimming the shoots that weren't supposed to be there, pulling weeds, and also laughing at the piles of rocks he was sitting in.

Happy Spring... and here is wishing you better luck with your landscaping than we have had with ours! :)

No comments: