Friday, July 1, 2011

When did it suddenly become July? What have I been doing? How is my summer going? Did I have a good birthday? Who have I been hanging out with? Where have I been? Why have I not blogged!?


The first week in June I was treated to a special outing with two of my sisters. Dinner and Les Mis!


That same weekend I met up with some more of the family in Yellowstone National Park. (view photo album)



It just so happened that we were all there on Kendra's birthday! So I made a Little Miss Sunshine cake:


Everyone else had to leave early, and the condo was already paid for, so Jake and I went back and used up the last night. Grilled some steaks and took advantage of some relaxation.
Next up, was MY birthday.Yeah for June birthdays! I spent the better part of the weekend making my cake and loved every minute of it (view photo album) Jake also took me to a play (Singing in the Rain) down in Provo that night.

The following weekend we headed up to the Free Farm in Mink Creek for some open-house fun! Each year their family puts together a horse show and we like to go help out with it. (view photo album)

It is also of interest to note that we held and fed a baby hawk while we were there! It had fallen out of its nest and been rejected by the mother. Crazy cool - uh, not cool that he was abandoned... cool that we got the experience.

Well... that's the quick version. And now here we are at the beginning of July!  Every weekend from now till the middle of August is booked solid, so you might not hear from us again for a while. We shall see.

No comments: