Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hunting Season

October 15th was upon us once again as people everywhere (mostly scruffy men folk dressed in fluorescent orange) took to the mountains.

Jake was among them (although he was one of the handsome, not-so-scruffy men folk), and within a few short hours was successful in harvesting a little buck. He spent the whole weekend with "the boys" and enjoyed some manly time.

I myself did not buy a tag this year, but instead went to visit my roots in Star Valley. The drive up there is unbelievably breathtaking in the Fall. This is Palisades Reservoir that is located about half way between our house in Rexburg and where I grew up in Fairview:
 It was evening when I arrived home, just in time to have a nice big bowl of my Mom's chicken noodle soup for dinner. Mmmmm.

Early the next morning my Dad set out for the hills and waited for the sun to come up and the deer to come out. He was also successful on the hunt! Getting a nice elk to put in the freezer.

In the mean time, my younger sister and I went on a four-wheeler ride (in our pajamas) up in the wide open spaces behind our house:

It felt really good to be home, out in the fresh air, and doing something silly:
Credit for this photo goes to ShaNae :)
Hope everyone had a safe and happy hunting experience this year! Now that the wild game is quartered and hanging in our garage... the REAL fun begins. Yikes.

No comments: