Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

A whole day to remember how much LOVE we have in our lives! And a good excuse to eat lots of sweets!

 Thanks to Pinterest,  my ever growing need to be crafty, and a little bit of extra time on my hands, there were lots of "lovey" projects going on at our house.

 I sent out some heartsy treats, a few V-day packages, and even some cheesy Valentines to my nieces and nephews! So many great ideas to show people you love them and so many people to love... So little time.

In order to avoid the crowds, Jake and I decided to have our night out, the day prior to V-day. We got a little fancy and ate at Olive Garden in Idaho Falls. Unlimited Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks makes for a happy pregnant lady. We also stopped at Sam's Club to stock up on cheap items in bulk --- how romantic :)

For some reason, I was under the impression that Jake had to work on Valentines Day. Hmmm... probably because he led me to believe such a thing. He's been sick, so I felt extra bad for him and woke up early to make him raspberry pancakes before he had to go.

A few hours after he left I had a plan to go kidnap his car, clean it out, vacuum, and leave a card or something on the drivers seat. Mwa hahaha! Well as I left the house, and was driving down the road --- I saw him! His car was passing me in the other lane!? What was he up to???

So I called him on his cell, and said "are you by any chance driving at the moment?" He confessed that he was, and was on his way home. What a little sneak! I turned around (because I obviously was not going to be able to steal his car.) And when we met at home he pulled a bunch of stuff out of the back seat......

Happy Valentines Day to me! I had been thoroughly spoiled the weekend before, as well as the night before, so I had not expected  this at all. He had bough 6 white roses and added a single Red Rose to remind me that I am "not like all the others." He got me some fun balloons, and one had a monkey on it cuz I'm his "love monkey" --- (it's from a song) and then a little plush monkey as well. We named him "Frostbite" cuz he has one tan ear and one red ear. Not pictured, was also some chocolate covered, macadamia nuts "I am nuts about you" - A Cadbury chocolate bar "I cannot bury how I feel about you." and some beach scented car-fresheners "As if we were on a tropical getaway." Double, super, extra brownie points for hubby! So this is what he had been doing this morning --- not working. hahaha

 I was still going to clean out his car for him, but I kind of got out of it since he was home and we wanted to make the most of the day together! We went to a matinee movie: "The Vow" --- a very sad story, but one that really made me appreciate our life together. I really enjoyed it - Let's just say it did not make Jake's top ten list. :) He liked to make comments about all the guys in the theatre who were suffering with him for the sake of Valentines Day.

For dinner Jake grilled up some steaks, while I made loaded baked potatoes, and asparagus.For dessert, I had lots of ideas but decided I try my hand at making cake balls.
 We received some really yummy ones for Christmas, and Jake loved them - so I tried duplicate the red velvet/cream cheese variety. They were pretty simple, but awfully messy!  I dipped them in white chocolate and they tasted quite heavenly.

What a day. I was tuckered out, having had a full week of fun-loving projects and activities. But what a way to get to the point of exhaustion - Good times!

Jake--- I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have such an amazing husband. Someone to spoil me on Valentines Day, and to spend forever with of course. You make me laugh every day, and keep me on track. I love being married to you. I can't even recall a time when you have "told me off" or "complained" about something I've done. Is that even possible? ( I mean, there are times when something comes up and we both get a bit grumpy - but that doesn't usually last too long.) You always treat me so well, and do whatever it takes to make me realize that I am important to you - and I love you for that. I love that I am comfortable around you - to the point of wearing feety pajamas and being downright ridiculous in front of you. Thanks for keeping me safe. I like that you do not like hot-spicy food. That you have a big vocabulary. That you are a good listener. That you know all my secrets, and keep them. And that you wear your clothes and shoes until they literally fall apart. You are my most tangible reminder that God really, really loves me and hears my prayers. You have an amazing ability to do what is right without drawing attention to yourself. I am so proud of you all the time, and proud to be your wife. Your life accomplishments impress me, and even the things you conquer from day to day are inspiring. You're pretty much way out of my league is what I'm really trying to say here :)  Thank you for all the happiness, strength, character, and stability you bring to our relationship. I appreciate your desire to be such a good person, and the way you have taught me by example to put other people first. I value your friendship more than... more than cookie monster loves cookies! Thanks for the times you call just to say "hey" or when you call me to ask a favor - because I know that means you trust me to get your back.  I think sometimes that you are too good to be true, and I just have to pray that it stays that way and thank our Heavenly Father for putting you in my life - or me in your life - whichever. You are incredible. I want you to know that waking up to you is the best thing on the whole planet (except for maybe parfait. And also that maple bar that I am craving right now.) I want you to know that I believe in us - and since we are about to be parents, I want you to know that you are the exact person I want to experience it all with. We know that our goals to be a good Mom and Dad, and do the work that needs to be done to satisfy our ambition and conscience is going to come at a price - (For instance we will probably feel like we have been hit by a truck at the end of every day. And that will be on the good days) --- But  thank you thank you for accepting the challenges with me before we even know what they are. Do you know how much I want our son to be like you? And how much I want to learn the words to the "Two Little Boys" song now? Thank you for your steadfast belief that we are going to be together without exception. I am amazed that when we first met, you didn’t seem to be the kind of man I was interested in. What was I thinking!? I am so lucky that I snapped out of it, and that you allowed me to know you better, so I could be here with you now, in the place that we are. Your charm is quite obvious to me now - It is in your burp cloud, most definitely. Sheesh, can't believe I didn't see it before :) Seriously though, you are the best. You're so clever and likable and perfect... except for 9 or 10 things. Thanks for choosing me, and continuing to choose me every day.  I love you, and I always will. 


I am grateful for a life full of love, and am very glad that there is a holiday to focus on this virtue. To our Family, Friends, acquaintances, and everyone we will ever meet in the years yet to come --- We love ya!

No comments: