Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wikkit
Look who I found while mowing the lawn yesterday:
His name is Wikkit from the thicket. Our lawn was becoming a bit of a jungle with all the rain we have been getting, so I guess this little guy decided to inhabit the lush greenery. I almost ran the poor little guy over and cut him to ribbons - which would have been quite tragic considering his pleasant disposition. I took a break from mowing to make him a nice little home, and to observe his funny gulpings and hoppings for a while. Then put him in a safe place while I finished my yard work. When Jake got home from work I showed him our new pet proudly and told him ALL about it. :) Nothing like the ramblings of an excited wife to greet you after a long day at work....
 This morning I pulled him out and played with him a bit more, and noticed he had not eaten any of the bugs I had found for him. Drat! I think he is just so small that he needs microscopic gnats or something --- So, to my dismay I decided to set him free and starve him no longer...
Goodbye Wikkit... go back to your thicket.

No comments: