Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy New Year

Deep breath..... mmmmm. Nothing like the smell of the wood burning fire as I pulled up the driveway at my parents house. Between that and the blanket of snow, it felt like home right away.
I am glad we made it to Star Valley, even if it wasn't for Christmas. They still had the tree up, so we took a few pictures in front of it:
Gotta love laughing candid shots.

 She still manages to look good
even in a santa hat.
How does she do it? It must be those ridiculously white teeth!

 Here we are on the last day of 2011!

 Just me and my belly.

 
We rang in the new year by going to a family dance held at our ward building that night. At one side of the room they had a giant 2011 and on the opposite wall a giant 2012 - I am pretty sure it's sole purpose was so that we could get such a dazzling picture.

We did a little swing dancing, a bit of a waltz, a cha-cha or two, and here we are line-dancing like crazies. I always get way too into these things, but I had no idea how dearly my poor preggy self would pay for all of this the next day :) 

As midnight approached they handed out noise-makers and prepared a giant balloon drop. Wahoo! What can I say, I am a small town girl easily amused by such celebration.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We sent 2011 out with enthusiasm, and have lots to look forward to in 2012!

No comments: